Monday, October 3, 2016

I visualize being at a quiet beach; seagulls flying above underneath wispy clouds encouraged by a soft breeze. The air so clean it stings my nose. I'm at peace.

Unfortunately, this is fantasy, and I am in Bakersfield, an environmental disaster located dead center of California's Central San Joaquin Valley.

I cherish the few days when a storm passes cleansing the earth and air. This brief period, nonetheless is welcomed and appreciated, an offering of nature’s healing and respite to a battered mind, body and spirit.

My resolve to be healthy will not give in to a setting that contributes to 70% of Bakersfield’s chronic illnesses.

In my mind, I visit My Healthy Sanctuary where I am shielded from harmful rays, dirty air and water, contaminated foods, negative influence, and the misguided hearts and minds full of pessimism.

This I will find and build.

Once completed, all will be welcomed to visit My Healthy Sanctuary for balance, peace, and a well-being for good health and healing.

In the meantime, read my thoughts and be part of the momentum where we can live in harmony with ourselves and the nature that God granted us.

Peace and Calm Strength…Sonshyne Mitchell


(picture courtesy of newswire.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment